Another of the world’s notable nudist beaches.
College Cove. Humboldt County. California, USA
There are actually two beaches at College Cove, usually designated as north and south. The northern beach is easier to reach, and therefore tends to get busier.
The beach is a crescent shaped cove with about a quarter mile of sand and tons of driftwood. The water can be very cold, and this stretch of the coast is subject to fog.
· Take US 101 North out of Eureka.
· Take the turnoff leading to Trinidad. You will come to an intersection that forks either to Trinidad or Stage Coach Road
· Take the Stage Coach Road fork. Look for and park in a dirt lot less than mile down on the left.
· The north trail goes to College Cove North while the south trail leads to College Cove South.
Not clear. Is widely known as a popular and frequently used nudist venue, but has a history of some law enforcement. Use with caution.
Who goes there:
· On a good day, about 50 / 100 visitors over both beaches. Both beaches are popular with young singles, although most of them are textile. There is a higher percentage of nudists on the south beach, but even there they are in the minority.
· Some gawkers.
At low tide it is possible to walk between the two beaches.
Do you know this nudist beach? Is it nudist family friendly? Are pets allowed? Is it suitable for the infirm or disabled Please help us help the nudist community and make any helpful additions or corrections.